For more than 20 years, St Norbert College has attended an immersion experience in the Kimberley during the September/October school holidays.
All students who have embarked on the immersion say it is a life-changing experience.
In Term 2, Year 10 and 11 students can apply to take part.
This year students will participate in the following service activities in the township and surrounds of Kununurra:
- Cooking and serving a meal at the Kununurra Community Kitchen
- Assisting in classrooms at St Joseph’s School
- Engagement with children from Save the Children and PCYC
- Assisting in the KindiLink program
- Engagement with the students from the Clontarf Foundation and Shooting Stars
- Assisting at the Kununurra Neighbourhood House Op Shop
They will also visit significant places of interest in Kununurra including:
- Lake Argyle
- Kelly’s Knob
- Ivanhoe Crossing
Plus, students will be immersed in cultural experiences including:
- Welcome to Country
- Boab Carving class
- Visit to Warrangarri Art Gallery
- Participate in a local language class
After the official launch early next term, students will need to complete an application form and hand it into Ms Kyd by 12 May, 2022. The cost of the immersion per student is $1800, which can be paid in instalments from June.
Follow our Facebook page – St Norbert College Kimberley Immersion – for updates.
Please note: By law, people who travel by plane need to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, as do the agencies that we will visit and assist at in Kununurra.